From: Becky Gibson <becky@knowbility.org>
To: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Cc: "lisa.seeman" <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>, public-personalization-tf <public-personalization-tf@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Proposed re-write
Date: Tue, Jul 14, 2020 8:14 AM

+1
thanks to John and Lisa for the work on this.

-becky

On Jul 14, 2020, at 9:07 AM, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:

+1

JF

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 1:55 AM lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com> wrote:
just added a sentence inline. Let me know if you are ok with it

All the best

Lisa .

Thank you for your feedback.

This has started an interesting discussion. It is worth noting that our use-cases are to map between different symbol sets in the same natural language. We are not enabling translation for different symbol sets across different natural languages at this time.

The reference numbers are from Bliss symbolics, which was designed to be an international language similar to Esperanto. They already have a published set of usage rules at:        http://www.blissymbolics.org/images/bliss-rules.pdf

Also, we have added a Hebrew example for symbols illustrating how to form a conjugated term (see https://raw.githack.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/edits07062020/content/index.html#symbol-explanation).

We have also added a best practice page which may also help. See https://github.com/w3c/personalization-semantics/wiki/Best-practices-for-symbol-values

Finally ... due to the discussion raised by your comments... we intend to look into adding another page-level metadata value via schema.org (https://schema.org/accessibilityFeature) possibly in coordination with digital publishing (
https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility#accessibilityFeature_in_detail
)

Thanks again for your interesting comments. Please let us know if you have more questions at this time.

--
John Foliot | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good

--
John Foliot | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good
deque.com
"I made this so long because I did not have time to make it shorter." - Pascal "links go places, buttons do things"

Becky Gibson
Sr. Accessibility Strategist
Knowbility.org

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
Co-Chair, Accessible Platform Architectures http://www.w3.org/wai/apa