To: Nitin Gaur/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
From: "Srinivasan 'Sriram'"
Sent by: sriram@skuchain.com
Date: 12/11/2015 11:45AM
Cc: Ryan Fugger <arv@ryanfugger.com>, Interledger Community Group <public-interledger@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fwd: Roll call / intro - expand the scope of Interledger Protocol to beyond payment

Hi,

In introduction, I am with skuchain.com and we have been active in the application of blockchain technologies to the trade finance & supply chain space.

I agree with Nitin in that there is a need for an interledger protocol that is beyond payments. We see applications in the collaborative commerce space around transfer of title, portability of oracle certifications and provenance trails across ledgers that will need interledger communication.

There are other requirements specific to collaborative commerce too, which is why we are attempting to bring some structure and thinking around these areas at blockice.org.

Would like to have our activities dovetail with this, so we would like to be in on the upcoming community call.
Sriram

Srinivasan 'Sriram' | Founder/CEO skuchain.com ( map ) | LinkedIn | +1.650.862.1182

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:22 AM, Nitin Gaur <ngaur@us.ibm.com> wrote:
ILP is Interledger Protocol NOT Payments... I think!

and as you rightly point out, we need to collectively think is this is payment focus -- which should then be addressed by Payment WG or Linking distr ledger or Blockchain to other ledgers.

as I believe there is another IG on blockchain

:)
Nitin Gaur
IBM Blockchain Labs
512-789-5300

From: Bob Way <bob@ripple.com>
Date: 29 October 2015 at 20:52
Subject: Re: Roll call / intro
To: "public-interledger@w3.org" <public-interledger@w3.org>

Hi all. I’m Bob Way. I work with Stefan, Evan and Adrian on the interledger team at Ripple.

I ran across Bitcoin pretty early and became a fanboy of the cryptocurrency concept. A couple years later I discovered OpenCoin’s Ripple announcement and became intrigued with the possibilities of transacting in fiat currencies within the framework of a cryptocurrency system.

It was during my pre-employment research into OpenCoin’s Ripple system that I discovered Ryan Fugger’s “classic" Ripple Pay system. In fact, I credit my grasp of the “rippling” concept to some patient tutoring from members of Ryan’s community. (Great to meet you Ryan!)

Now after two and a half years at Ripple, I’m ecstatic about establishing ILP as a global open standard supporting all types of transactions. I believe ILP can optimize the benefits of social credit, cryptocurrency, and traditional finance by connecting them all into an interoperable web of value.

Bob Way

Software Engineer | Ripple