Re: Brainstorming: more structured form submissions

Ben Meadowcroft wrote:
> An issue I have often come up against is wanting to provide an editable grid
> for form submission. The current model of a name and value pair submission
> can be problematic in this situation.
>
> To work around this currently it is common to prefix or suffix a row
> identifier to the names of controls with a "row".

I think the repetition model in Web Forms 2.0 might cover this for you.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#repetitionModel

> I propose that we introduce new enctype value(s) and updated guidance on
> user agent processing of form data and name attributes. The goal of this is
> to provide support for submission of more structured form data, e.g. in XML

WF2 also has support for XML submission.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#x-www-form-xml

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/