Re: wow...

Matthew Ratzloff wrote:
> On Sun, March 25, 2007 8:48 pm, Daniel Glazman wrote:
>> Guys, ~150 messages over the week-end discussing how this WG is
>> going to work... How do you want people who do have a private life
>> and family to handle that ?
>>
>> </Daniel>
>
> I delete most of it without reading it, frankly.
>
> I read this list mostly through webmail, and it's a bit painful.  With a
> properly-configured forum, it's much easier for me to quickly scan
> messages for relevance.  But this is a religious battle, and the edge is
> always going to go to inertia.  Providing both would be a mistake,
> though--it should be one or the other (or maybe a forum and an
> announcement list).
>
> -Matt

I also end up deleting the majority of the messages without reading
them. This is also true of the WHATWG Spec list, which is just as
active. The truth is that more than half the stuff that gets proposed is
plain BS, more than half of what's left doesn't interest me, and the
rest is so over-discussed that it's better just to read what Hixie says.

Jeff Cutsinger