Re: [whatwg] Video proposals

I didn't think I was crediting <object> with that simplification, since
they were both <object> tags... :-)

The idea is that it should work the same across all browsers.  The format
(MP3) was just an example to illustrate my point.  You shouldn't have 3
different ways of specifying plug-ins, and it would be nice if extremely
common file types (when not encumbered my patents) had native players,
which the user could then override if they preferred to do so.

If, as some suggest, we need a new element (such as <audio>) in order for
every browser to start fresh and handle it in the same way, then fine.

-Matt