Re: face to face meeting host offers for the HTML WG?

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 02:58 +0100, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> On 14/03/2007 02:16, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > I have heard some interest in having a meeting around XTech,
> > which is May 15-18 in Paris. I don't have any particular offer
> > to host in hand. Is anyone interested to arrange a room and such?
>
> Yes, I may have a host in central Paris, subway at walking distance,
> big meeting rooms, network, restaurant. Let me check with them.

Thanks for the offer to host...

> > That suggests making a decision around March 20th; I don't know
> > if that's feasible.
>
> I need firm dates to ping them... Please make the decision as soon
> as possible.

We're still short a co-chair, so I'm still not inclined
to make group decisions of this sort, yet.

Only 21 answers have been received; WG membership is up
to 150... no... reload... 154 group participants. I'd
like to get a lot more answers to the survey.
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/ftf07/
  http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/ftf07/results

I'm extending the deadline to this Friday, 22 March.

Perhaps "meeting host offers" was not the best choice
of subject lines. But I do need a host before we can
make a firm decision about any ftf meetings.

We have 13 people interested in a meeting before November,
though the interest is split between Paris and US West coast:

Prefer US West: Ratzloff, Mason, Lieberman, King, Maloney, Fraser
Prefer ~XTech/Paris: Hickson, Glazman, Pearce

Anne van Kesteren says "The meeting should be done before the 26th
of May." I'm puzzled by that comment. Why?

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E