Re: WYSIWYM editors

Errata (I didn't have time to read my post, eh).

Le Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:31:19 +0200, Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com> a
écrit:

> "Real" web designers who work for local companies, regional, or even
> national companies
> These create their layouts, on schedules, for the company they work,
> most likely in Pohotoshop (since it might be a requirement). Then they

s/Pohotoshop/Photoshop

> redo the layout in Dreamweaver (or similar). Similarly to the amateurs,
> they do lots of guess work when something doesn't work as they want -

s/Similarly/Similar

> What we can't do:
>
> 1. We can't teach every single web designer about proper HTML/CSS. I
> believe a designer is a designer, he/she must evolve in his/her own
> areas of interesting, (application GUIS, web interfaces, digital art, 3D

s/interesting/interests
s/GUIS/GUIs

> modelling, digital painting, whatever). He/she should not go over board
> and do it all. (Jack of all trades, master of none.)
>
> 2. We can create languages within which developers are constrained

s/can/cannot

> 3. We can't teach users of various content management systems to not use
> ugly colours, bold, font changes, what-not. They don't need to learn
> this.

s/font changes/fonts

> Must add that the I provide here as the initial table is actually quite

Must add that what I provide here...

> However, almost every Word document I have to put on the Web contains
> the "a) you<br>b) me<br>c) and the Web". Was that a failure on the
> editor side? No, it's the user who had no clue.

s/on the Web contains the/on the Web contains simple strings as

Here I forgot to mention that when I have to put such documents on the
Web, I use my script which parses these strings in order to generate
semantical lists.

--
http://www.robodesign.ro
ROBO Design - We bring you the future