Hello, comments (was: Re: Whoah There, Turbo)

Hello,

before I post anything, I'll first say hello to
everyone and would like to welcome all the members
of this WG :-) Introductions may happen later, so
I'll skip that part for now...

Comments below...

Maciej Stachowiak schrieb:

> On Mar 12, 2007, at 12:52 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:
>
>> My email was mostly about the use of wiki's for supporting standards
>> work and the tools for processing wiki's, e.g. to generate technical
>> reports, but also to collect use cases, test cases, background
>> information, tutorial materials, etc. My assumption is that wikis will
>> be easier for most people to deal with than CVS accounts etc.
>
> OK, let me be specific about things that have been proposed as decisions
> (or just assumed as decisions) which I think are premature:
>
> - Should we change list policy about whether non-members of the WG can
> subscribe or post? (various)
> - The Forms Task Force will start by collecting use cases, followed by
> making basic design decisions. (Dave Raggett)
> - The Forms Task Force will edit the spec in a Wiki. (Dave Raggett)
> - The Forms Task Force should start with the WAF's Web Forms 2.0 spec
> instead of starting from scratch. (Ian Hickson)
> - Should we start from scratch or base our work on the work of the
> WHATWG? (Håkon Wium Lie)
> - Ian Hickson should be Editor for the HTML WG. (Håkon Wium Lie)

While I also agree that some points should
definitely wait until later, I would like to point
out that some related things mentioned with
regards to the Forms Task Force don't seem to be a
decision by this WG but rather a given initial
setting by the charter:

"Forms Task Force
     The HTML WG and the Forms Working Group will
work together in this Task Force to ensure that
the new HTML forms and the new XForms Transitional
have architectural consistency and that document
authors can transition between them"
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/HTML-WG-charter

Therefore both the Web Forms 2 work as well as the
  XForms Transitional work need to get reviewed.

Certainly "collecting uses cases, followed by
making basic design decisions" sort-of naturally
falls out and helps when two approaches are being
checked for architectural consistency, which is I
guess what Dave Raggett pointed out, but that can
of course wait until later...

- Sebastian