Philip Fennell, MarkLogic
Leigh Klotz, Xerox (minutes)
Uli Lissé DreamLabs
Kurt Cagle, XML Today
Erik Bruchez, Orbeon [joined late]

* Agenda

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2012Jan/0008

* First Draft

Steven Pemberton: Does anybody object to moving forward?
Leigh Klotz: What about the separate expression and dialog modules and the schemas?
Steven Pemberton: They'll have to go along with it.
Leigh Klotz: For status, I think we should put in a link to the Category:XForms20 so people can comment on what's not yet written by name.
Steven Pemberton: Fair enough. No objections, so we'll go forward with with it.
Leigh Klotz: So we won't add any new content before FPWD.

Resolution 2011-01-11.1: We move forward to publish XForms 2.0 with expression and dialog modules and schemas as FPWD, with a link to Category:XForms20 in the status section.

* Invited Experts

Steven Pemberton: Dan McCreary has asked if a high school student who is involved in XML standards testing could listen in on our calls.
Leigh Klotz: We allow IRC and WWW-FORMS participation already, and certainly Anne has established a W3C precedent for involving bright high school students, so I see no problems.
Steven Pemberton: There may be IP issues so he can't talk, just listen.
Leigh Klotz: I can't see a bright line between mailing list participation and IRC participation, but I understand not talking during the meeting.
Steven Pemberton: OK. As long as you're comfortable with it.
Leigh Klotz: We should probably ask if he can make his comments by mail, anyway. And put him on mute in call in.
Steven Pemberton: OK, I've replied.

* Identifying Application State

Leigh Klotz: I wonder what this means. I think this is about pound signs in URLs. I found it hard to follow and the conclusions were namby-pamby.
Steven Pemberton: Our state is in instances.
Leigh Klotz: Or functions. So we could have a function for #! that returns.
Steven Pemberton: So a special default action that recognizes that event and does something with it.
Leigh Klotz: Yes, some syntactic sugar.
Steven Pemberton: It sounds distinctively possible, anyway. Maybe
Leigh Klotz: I'd use something like this instead of hte long route for query parameters for showing tabs. Maybe bidirectional.
Steven Pemberton: That sounds like a magical mapping between the URL stuff and a magic instance. That would work fine.
Leigh Klotz: I guess I should send a note about use cases.

ACTION-1855 Leigh Klotz to send out tab use case for #! and bidirectional binding.

Kurt Cagle: How is this different from switch/case?
Leigh Klotz: This was an example of using #! with switch/case/@ref via bidirectional binding.
Kurt Cagle: The nice thing about how #! works.

Kurt Cagle: I may write something about the FPWD.
Leigh Klotz: We're starting the publishing process and don't have a date but at least a week or two. The news is that there's no new content to be added before FPWD.
Steven Pemberton: Right, we decided to get something out now.
Leigh Klotz: And include a link to the current issues in the status.

* IRC Minutes

http://www.w3.org/2012/01/11-forms-minutes.html

* Meeting Ends

Erik Bruchez: [joins]