Just fyi - we are also working with the singapore Open Attestaton team as well as with Orie and mike p on a fairly simple hash-tree based selective redaction specification.  I think it’s complementary and not competing with BBS
- primary use case is redaction of commercially sensitive information in long supply chains
- most often just a few fields of many (price, supplier ID) need to be hidden
- key requirement is that anyone in the supply chain can redact before passing on, even if they are not the subject
- another key requirement is compatibility JSON-LD semantics

Current activity is comparing the singapore protocol to SD-JWT before progressing it further as a community contribution

Kind regards

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854

On 18 Mar 2023, at 1:15 am, John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov> wrote:

Selective disclosure capabilities that natively support JSON-LD credential formats for W3C Verifiable Credentials are a must have functionality for our ongoing workstreams:

  • From a privacy and non-linkability aspects for our immigration credentials issuance by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and;
  • From a selective business information disclosure for our U.S. Customs and Border Protection cross-border supply chain / trade work

The fact that the BBS work, incubated at the W3C CCG, is undergoing cryptographic review via the IETF CFRG (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-cfrg-bbs-signatures/ ), which is respected globally for its expertise, and which provides visibility to our technical authority on cryptography, NIST, is something that gives us confidence in the work and its path to formal standardization.

As such, we support this work for inclusion in the VC Data Integrity cryptosuites given our existing and stated support for VC Data Integrity in our technical implementation profile.

Support added to the letter.

Best Regards,

Anil

Anil John

Technical Director, Silicon Valley Innovation Program

Science and Technology Directorate

US Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC, USA

Email Response Time – 24 Hours