tightening up statement

Howdy,

So, our minutes from the Sep 4 teleconference have created a stir.
See the attached (page 3) -- believers in multiple roots are using
our draft statement to push for further consideration of the issue.

This was certainly not the IETF intention, and I'm presuming it wasn't
a generally-held intention among other SDOs.  If that's correct, I
suggest we:

	. issue a public statement (to Louis Touton, and to
	  this publication) saying that it was an unfounded
	  misinterpretation of the draft statement

	. shore up the draft statement when we actually make it.

To wit, a first cut at a revised statement:

"The Internet DNS currently operates using a Single Authoritative Root
Server System.  Changing from the present working system would
require the development of a new set of protocols for the DNS.  This
would have enormous potential for technical disruption of the Internet,
and the PSO does not see any technical benefit in such deployment."

The public statement should point out that the comment is purely on
the technical aspect because that is how we are constituted, and it
does not imply a presumed existence of other reasons for doing so.

Leslie.

"The best laid plans
    are written in pencil."
   -- ThinkingCat