Re: doubt regarding http 1.1

I'd echo Joris' question as to why in the world you'd want to disable
chunking, but...

<shamless_plug>
http://www.mnot.net/cgi_buffer/

Buffers Perl, Python and PHP scripts; also can act as a wrapper for
arbitrary code. Intended to be useful for 1.0 content, and for
servers that don't chunk generated objects (most don't), but it
should be helpful here.
</shameless_plug>

I think there are also Apache modules, etc. that may do this, look
at http://modules.apache.org/