Re: Combining multiple message-header fields

On Sat, Jul 15, 2000 at 05:44:40PM +0200, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
[snip]
> I'm building a HTTP UserAgent with PHP and now i'm dealing with this multiple
> message-header fields. If my UserAgent receives such multiple fields, should
> it combine these fields into one or should it keep the multiple fields and
> send it to the server (if present in a request)? The problem behind this is
> the storage of this header fields. Currently i have an associative array that
> does something like
[snip]

Combining multiple header fields works just fine, with one exception: the
Set-Cookie header field. Some browsers don't handle multiple cookies in a
Set-Cookie header field (i.e. they require a separate header field for each
cookie to be set). Furthermore, because a number of sites use broken cookies
which contain commas in the value, parsing a combined Set-Cookie header field
can be a little tricky.

  Cheers,

  Ronald