RE: Re: Password change via HTTP

Unfortunately, there are problems with certificate security.
Shamir recently demonstrated how easy it is find the private key
in a PC because of different entropy of the objects.

Also, how can I be sure that the "client" serving up the
certificate is the endpoint? A toolkit like WIDL would appear to
provide a screen scraping capability for http which effectively
creates a potential proxy, of which I, at the server end have
no knowledge. Even if I have a cryptographically secure tunnel,
and have a certificate, how do I know that someone hasn't added
their own plumbing to the client?

There are times when it pays to use both belt and suspenders ...
and even that may not be enough.

Steve