Re: want to set my pages to expire but can't find info on date format expected ...

Koen Holtman wrote:

> Scott Lawrence:
> [...]
> >It is better to specify Max-Age though and avoid clock skew problems.
>
> Note however that just setting max-age will not work for most HTTP/1.0
> clients, which don't know about max-age.  On the current internet I
> would still recommend the use of Expires, though adding a max-age too
> won't hurt.

Naive question: can you specify Max-Age on a 1.1 response and Expires on a
1.0 response? Or are you likely to run into problems with proxies giving the
1.1 response to 1.0 clients? (I know they're not supposed to.)

--
|John Stracke    | My opinions are my own | S/MIME & HTML OK  |