RE: Proxy-Connection header definition?

Sorry, a slip on the term authenticate. A persistent connection is needed
for some of our authentication algorithms to work properly.

As for the problems with the header, yes I am aware of the issues. I wasn't
actually around when the feature was put in so I'm not sure what the
arguments were that lead us to adopt it. I suspect they went something like
"Netscape is doing it so we have to do it."

			Yaron