Proxies and gethostbyname

Clarification is needed on what error is to be returned if a Proxy
times out looking up a hostname.  The spec is silent on what is a very
common failure.

My current opinion is that returning 504 Gateway Timout is correct, but
that clarification to the spec is in order.  But other options include
introducting other error codes, or less likely, some other existing error
code.

Other opinions?
				- Jim Gettys