Re: making progress on cookies

Dave Kristol <dmk@bell-labs.com> wrote:
>Benjamin Franz wrote:
>> [...]
>> Could you give an example of something in the current proposal that mixes
>> the two levels? Or are you suggesting that the split will block the
>> exploration of options such as the one I mentioned?
>
>It wasn't so much that the text in the document were intertwined, but
>rather that the arguments on the mailing list(s) about the technical and
>privacy issues got intertwined.  The idea was to disentangle them and
>deal with them separately.  The hope was that doing so would lead to
>some measure of progress.

	There has been no substantive discussion about Stage Management
since release of the -04 draft, because all of the bugs in the current
RFC were fixed in the -03 draft and consensus had been reached on the
technical issues, *and* because the few paragraphs that commented on
privacy issues were nothing more than advice to implementors, and also
were fine as they stood.  I realized you were asked by the Chair to
do this, but it appears, in fact, simply to have stalled progress.
Can it now be put back together again, and move on to Draft Standard
status?

				Fote