Re: making progress on cookies

Benjamin Franz wrote:
> [...]
> Could you give an example of something in the current proposal that mixes
> the two levels? Or are you suggesting that the split will block the
> exploration of options such as the one I mentioned?

It wasn't so much that the text in the document were intertwined, but
rather that the arguments on the mailing list(s) about the technical and
privacy issues got intertwined.  The idea was to disentangle them and
deal with them separately.  The hope was that doing so would lead to
some measure of progress.

Dave Kristol