Re: Metadata proliferation

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Misha Wolf wrote:
> > > A note for readers not familiar with the Dublin Core, taken from
> > > draft-kunze-dc-00.txt:
> See also the DC homepage http://purl.org/metadata/dublin_core

Thanks -- now bookmarked.

> > will just keep following their own style and ignore DC conventions.
> Ah, yes, quite!
> I see that many HTML publishing tools create META tags, such as "generator",
> "author", etc.
> I'm collecting a list at
> http://vancouver-webpages.com/VWbot/metatags.frame.html

Nice info, but that tiny frame in the upper-left corner is useless.
I see:

   ME

   name
   http-equ

and that's all. Have to scroll for the rest. I recommed you take that part
and merge it into the frame to its right, then eliminate the tiny frame.
Top/bottom frames work better than left/right frames for the same reason
that we have <HR> and not <VR>; you can only make so many assumptions
about user agents before everything turns to garbage (as shown above).

Look at the document source for http://www.apple.com/ :-)