Re: Apache and cookies

Rob Hartill:
>Koen Holtman wrote:
[...]
>>Question: Does Apache send cookies in its default configuration?
>
>No, but it's long been known that people have mistakenly included
>the mod_cookies *optional* module thinking that it enables cookie support
>in Apache. It doesn't (you don't need a module to do it). What this
>module does is enable a site to log a user's click path through a site.
>
>People haven't bothered to check what the modules actually do, they
>make assumptions based on the names.
>
>The module has been renamed for the next release.

Rob, Ben, Jeremey,

Thanks for your quick replies.  I guess I can sleep easy; it looks
like the unintentional cookie problem problem will be gone by the time
draft-ietf-http-state-mgmt-03.txt starts being deployed.

Browsing the apache site, I did find something about mod_cookies, but
I could not find any information about the place of this module in the
bigger picture.

Koen.