Re: remove PATCH, COPY, MOVE, DELETE, etc.? Upgrade?

Roy:
>>DELETE, TRACE and WRAPPED should stay.  The rest can be moved to other
>>drafts.

Dave Long:
>> If we have PUT it would be awfully nice to retain DELETE!

The question that the area directors and IESG always ask, with regard
to features in a proposed standard, is whether they've recieved
adequate review to believe that they represent consensus of the
community.

I don't think that 'logical completeness' is a useful criteria for us
to use in the decision of "does this go in HTTP/1.1 or put off for an
extension or a later version".

My reason for suggesting that DELETE, TRACE and WRAPPED not be in 1.1
is my perception that
1)  there are likely to be disagreements about their form  (pure
conjecture)
2)  we've not discussed them (hypermail pointer to
discussion/consensus about these in our mail archive?)
3) there are no current implementations (pointers to existing
implementations and their docuemntation?)
4) the form that these operations exist in within the HTTP/1.1
specification has not had adequate review (list of HTTP-WG members who
claim to have reviewed these sections carefully?)

At least for items (2) - (4), counter evidence cheerfully accepted.