Re: more on Digest Auth

I thought your comments about replay were quite valuable and on target:
I wasn't really grokking all the implications or unencrypted replies
and snooping.

But your scenario only considers GET.

I was actually thinking about exposing some admin functions on my
server via POSTs of form-data.  In which case, I definitely DO care
about replay. And about end-to-end integrity of the form-data.

I just don't see that the suggested changes are very big, and they make
the protocol much more secure, and perhaps able to be used in
circumstances beyond what was originally intended -- PUT, DELETE, as
well as POST.

If this were a really hard set of changes to the draft, I'd give up.
But they aren't.

Paul