Re: Administrivia: bounced messages

Wouldn't it be nice if MicroSoft's mail gateway software followed the
IETF standards and bounced mail to the envelope address rather than the
header address.

Donald

On Mon, 8 Jan 1996 http-wg-request@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com wrote:

> Folks,
>
> There have been several cases of posters directly receiving bounced e-mail from
> microsoft.com e-mail addresses over the last few days.
>
> Can I ask you to send to http-wg-request@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com any bounced
> messages you receive in the future so that I can nuke the offending addresses.
>
> The list software does attempt to get all bounces sent to me but this doesn't
> always work.
>
> Thanks.
> 					-- ange -- <><
>
> 					ange@hplb.hpl.hp.com

Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 508-287-4877(tel)     dee@cybercash.com
   318 Acton Street        +1 508-371-7148(fax)     dee@world.std.com
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)