Re: Content-MD5

Dave Kristol writes:
 > I have headers
 > 	Content-MD5: xyz
 > The recipient computes the digests of the message and finds that the MD5
 > digest matches xyz, but the SHA digest does not match qrs.  Now what?
 > I imagine we assume the integrity to be compromised.
 > With a single Content-Digest header, there's no ambiguity.
Ahem, the mecanism I suggested does not state you have only one
algorithm key pair, you can have one or more (maybe that's not a good
thing, and can be changed,... but..)
In your example it would be "Content-Digest: MD5=xyz SHA=qrs" {or
maybe with added ";"} and as you suggested if they disagree you can
probably deduce there is a problem. So in this respects there are no
differences.

dl
--
Laurent Demailly * http://hplyot.obspm.fr/~dl/ * Linux|PGP|Gnu|Tcl|...  Freedom