RE: Decision about Host?

It occurs to me, that if the client and server have exactly the same
domain search list, then there shouldn't be any problem using the
relative domain names, and that this may often be true in the case that
is most important -- within a corporate environment.

This would mean that a server has to know all the fully and partially
qualified names that it is trying to serve -- not a big deal if it
could be configured to know more than one FQDN.

Hence, I would support either:
a) require FQDN
or
b) require FQDN or PQDN when PQDN is administratively known to be
unambiguous for all servers reachable by PQDN.