Re: any more comments?

Paul Leach <paulle@microsoft.com> writes:

>The overall thrust of what I'd like to see: for each method, a list of
>the request header fields that are required, optional, and defaults for
>them, if any; a list of the possible status codes and response header
>fields; and whether of not an entity header is present in either
>direction and its contents if so.

That would be a 5 dimensional table.  Since I have yet to see a table
format that accomplished this without duplicating every line of the
current spec, I'd be pleasantly surprised if you could do one.

The reason the current specification seems difficult to read
is because it is a flattened 5 dimensional table in prose.

 ....Roy T. Fielding  Department of ICS, University of California, Irvine USA
                      Visiting Scholar, MIT/LCS + World-Wide Web Consortium
                      (fielding@w3.org)                (fielding@ics.uci.edu)