RE: HTTP version 1.0 or 1.1?

I like it -- it would be nice to have a good spec for what to do to
interoperate with the current deployed browsers/servers (warts and all...).

I'd have second thoughts if you said it would take a long time, but if
it can really be accomplished in a few days, and you're willing to do
the work, I'd concur.