Re: HTTP: T-T-T-Talking about MIME Generation

Mitra writes:
>Hmm - maybe I'm missing something, but I dont think you can put the file in
>WITHOUT encoding, if you are looking for a boundary, what if the file
>contained the wrong bytes and got interpreted as the boundary.

Actually, it should be easy to find the boundary if we make content-length a
required field.  Since it's easy to tell where the content starts, you know
that any sequence of bytes before you've reached content-length isn't a real
boundary.  (For that matter, you could probably make due without a boundary
at all, by assuming that the next item began immediately after the first.)

--
Jim Seidman
Senior Software Engineer