RE: SD3 - Data Types

I agree that we need to address the issue of validation (how one
verifies that the contents match some set of criterea making it a valid
element of the claimed type).  However, I've surveyed a number of groups
that are interested in using XML for their data processing (e.g. the
digital signatures iniative), and validation was not as important to
them as getting a simple solution for multiple namespaces, and for
having unlimitedly structured attributes. The solutions we adopt to
these problems will also likely affect our thinking about how we express
validations. So, you are right to suggest that we prioritize validation
a bit behind the other issues.