Re: IDs - make them case sensitive

Lauren Wood wrote:
> If I want to make a database connection between elements in a document,
> and records in a database, and want to use the database key to tie
> them together, it's useful to be able to put numerics in an ID.

You can put numbers in an ID. You just have to start with a name start
character. But even if that wasn't the case, don't you have the same
problem when you want to make database connections between entities and
records? Connections between element types/attribute names and database
records may be rare, but they are not non-sensical.

 Paul Prescod