Re: Porblems with pxf:copy xmlcalabash-1.5.7-120

Strange. We use pxf:copy with $target as a URI in some places (https://github.com/search?q=org%3Atranspect+pxf+copy&type=code), and XML Calabash treats it as a string or URI.

We recently reverted to 1.4.1 (with Saxon 10) from 1.5.7 due to another issue:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.io.Reader.read(char[], int, int)" because "reader" is null (I noticed it first at an internal project, but it was also reported publicly at https://github.com/transpect/docx2tex/issues/105#issuecomment-1948441663).

I don’t know whether pxf:copy would have failed with 1.5.7; it probably didn’t get that far due to the other error. It seems to work fine with 1.4.1.

And I didn’t report the issue since I didn’t want to stress Norm, and I didn’t have much time available to create a proper repro – on the other hand, the state that docx2tex was in when issue 105 was filed might serve as a repro, with any docx file.
But when I discovered it in the first place, I also thought that it’s probably a Saxon issue which isn’t Norm’s business anyw – oh wait…

Gerrit