Re: If I have a 1.1 schema and remove the 1.1 specific stuff, will I then have a 1.0 schema?

On 05/09/2012 16:17, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Suppose that I have a 1.1 schema.
>
> If I remove all the 1.1 specific stuff (assert, alternative, openContent, etc.) will the resulting document be a 1.0 compliant schema?
>
> /Roger

I don't think you can remove "all the 1.1 specific stuff" by trivial
syntactic means. For example, detecting whether the schema takes
advantage of the relaxation in the rules for type subsumption is far
from easy.

Michael Kay
Saxonica