Re: Attribute Fixed and Prohibited

Andy,

Yes, I saw the contraints for "default" as stated in:
  3.2.3 Constraints on XML Representations of Attribute Declarations
         Schema Representation Constraint: Attribute Declaration
Representation OK
           In addition to the conditions imposed on <attribute> element
information items by the schema for schemas, all of the following must be
true:
           1 default and fixed must not both be present.
           2 If default and use are both present, use must have the ·actual
value· optional.
But, I didn't see any description specifically for "fixed".  So, is
   If fixed and use are both present, use must have the actual value
optional .
implied only by the following statement:
  (unless use='prohibited', in which case the item corresponds to nothing at
all)

In that case, I guess, a specific schema validator can choose either:
   1) silently ignore fixed, or
   2) flag "attribute fixed and prohibited" as an error!

I hope someone can clarify this for me although doing either way seems
to be o.k. to me!

Thx,

-Stanley