RE: Getting validation errors when using derived types

Hi,

It's failing on the elements caution, note, consumable and warning, and
I don't see where those elements are declared.  Are they declared in
another schema that you didn't include?

If the Xerces parsers are not giving you an error, perhaps you did not
turn schema validation on?  You need to set two features: one for
validation and one for schema validation.
(http://xml.org/sax/features/validation and
http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema).

Hope that helps!
Priscilla

Priscilla Walmsley             priscilla@walmsley.com
Author, Definitive XML Schema     (Prentice Hall PTR)