Re: webMethods' XML Schema for XSLT 1.0

Asir S Vedamuthu wrote:

> webMethods is pleased to announce the availability of an experimental
> version of XML Schema for XSLT 1.0 More information on XSLT can be found at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt

Impressive work!

I have a question about one of the ways you are suggesting to
pre-validate the target documents, though.

<quote source="comments from the schema">
There are three ways that you can construct a schema for XSLT
stylesheets that create instances of a particular result structure
(a) Declare all your result elements as a member of xsl:result-element
substitution group
</quote>

The substitution group is defined as:

  <element name="result-element" abstract="true"/>

and used in a group:

  <group name="result-element">
    <choice>
      <element ref="xsl:result-element"/>
      <any namespace="##other" processContents="skip"/>
    </choice>
  </group>

that is referenced when needed.

I have probably missed something, but won't the choice become ambiguous
if I include elements from any namespace other than the target namespace
(i.e. XSLT 1.0) that would also match "any" element ?

Thanks

Eric
--
See you in San Jose for SD West: