Re: Adding FB LIKE button to HTML 4.01 down right impossible

B.H.

Hi!

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:07 PM, Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>wrote:

> 2013-05-13 12:31, Frits Nieuwenburg wrote:
>
>  Is there anyone who can tell me how I can add a FB like button without
>> upsetting the validator?
>>

> You cannot. Facebook decided to use invalid markup. See
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/**Public/www-validator/2011Sep/**0015.html<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2011Sep/0015.html>

If you really want to dance on both weddings, you can put the invalid meta
tag only when the request contains FB's user agent signature... So you can
make get this green icon and also make FB happy :-)

--
משיח NOW!
Moshiach is coming very soon, prepare yourself!