Re: HTML error & warning messages referring to content of Kindle and Nook links

On 15 Jul 2012, at 15:55, Stefan wrote:

> Friends,
>    Checking http://www.zoofence.com/index3.html
>    Eight errors and warnings were found at line 344.
>    All of the errors and warnings refer to the content of two links, one to Amazon.com's Kindle, the other to Barnes & Noble's Nook.
>    Both of the links work properly.

Browsers perform error recovery, you shouldn't depend on it.

>    How can we "fix" (rewrite) those errors without damaging the link?

To quote the error message the validator reports:

    Entity references start with an ampersand (&) and end with a semicolon (;). If you want to use a literal ampersand in your document you must encode it as "&" (even inside URLs!).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk