Re: Validator considers hidden inputs unlabelable

On Tuesday 13 July 2010, Erik Rose wrote:
> When labeling a hidden input element in an HTML 5 document, the validator
> returns the following error: "The for attribute of the label element must
> refer to a form control." At the very least, the message is misleading, as
> the input element in the following snippet is certainly a form control:
[...]

This message originates from the validator.nu engine, please see the last
paragraph at http://validator.w3.org/feedback.html#bugreport .  Some people
involved with it are also on this list so chances are that they'll see your
post, but to make sure I'd suggest reporting it directly through the
validator.nu feedback channels.