Re: Validator Dev Watch: fuzzy matching for unknown elements/attributes

On 02/17/2009 08:26 AM, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Hi Mumia,

Hi Oliver.

> On 16-Feb-09, at 4:08 PM, Mumia W.. wrote:
>> Thanks. I noticed that something interesting was happening in the code
>> when my local validator failed because the String::Approx module was
>> missing. This happened after I updated a few hours ago.
>
> Would it be better if I sent a quick note to this list whenever we add
> (or remove, I guess) a dependency? I'm not sure if everyone with a local
> instance would deal easily with it… I guess someone keeping in sync with
> the development tip is likely to handle it well, but who knows.

I tend to think that anyone who can successfully install
SGML::Parser::OpenSP should be able to react well to a single missing
module; however, the requirement of String::Approx should probably be
mentioned in the installation notes (which I haven't looked at recently).