Re: More transparency concerning "Missing xmlns attribute for element html" or [VE][no-xmlns]

Ian Stuart wrote:

> For (2), I just always have

> as "the magic incantation" as the html element

The attribute is required by XHTML specifications, so it would be absurd to
use XHTML without using that attribute.

> (likewise, I *remove* the
>
>          xml:lang="en" lang="en"
>
> attribute from the same element, as they throw IE6 into "quirks mode"

Huh? Pardon? Can you prove it? I have never heard of anything like that, and
it would be most weird. Quirks mode is weird in itself, but triggering it is
based on doctype declaration issues.

(The xml:lang and lang attributes are not required by the formal syntax, but
they are required by W3C WAI recommendations.)

Yucca