Re: utf-8 validation help

Oh come on! Don't you remember last millennium, when we coded that
way for html 2.0 (or something).

Hugh has to learn to separate format from content.

He needs css. then he has to unlearn the bad habits we all unlearned!

the snippet should be written as :

with the rest done in css.

XHTML is not just HTML formatted pretty... it is  a departure from a
hard to maintain web to a place where designers can design and
content providers can provide content!

I am done preaching for a while.

Jake

On Aug 31, 2006, at 12:57 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Hugh Topping wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to convert my (not well written) HTML pages to XHTML
>> and all the other pages I validated all came out fine (
>> http://www.toppingbooks.com/home.html is one of them).

> You do not understand XHTML!
> You do not understand web authoring!
>
> What's the point of "converting" this crap to XHTML 1.0 Transitional?
> Can you explain that?
>
> Learn first real HTML authoring and convert your pages to HTML 4
> Strict
> if you like to convert.
>
> What you are doing now is just stupid.
>

> I suggest to consult <news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html>