Re: Thank You - Error Message Feedback (or Bug Report??)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 09:39:58AM -0700, Sanders Jim wrote:
> Yes, I understand your points and agree.  Part of my concern is "How
> many hosting services do this?"

No decent ones (and decent usually involves the transfer of funds to
the host) will force modifications of your code.

> and "If this is common butchery, could not the validator make some
> accommodation with it?"

What sort of accommodation could be made? It would be wrong to say
that a page was valid when it was not. It wouldn't be possible to
reliably detect that page was modified by the hosting service, nor
would it be particularly useful to say "Well, this page would be
valid, but the service provider has been at it".

> Is there any authoritative source on the prevalence of this abysmal
> practice of Yahoo!? Or a way to block their effect?

Paying hosts money usually seems to do the job. Switching to an
alternative host is a decent alternative.