Re: what line?

On Mon, 23 May 2005, David Dorward wrote:

> >     "Line 180, column 112: reference not terminated by REFC delimiter"
- -
> >    2. What does this mean in plain English?
>
> I *think* it means you forgot a semi-colon. I'd have to see the source
> to be sure.

Actually we don't need the source for this (though it is always a good
idea to post a URL when asking about a validator message). REFC means
a semicolon that terminates an entity reference like ä or a character
reference like ä. The semicolon is always required in XHTML and also
required in older HTML versions in many contexts.