Re: Validating with XML

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Russell Mayes wrote:

> I have tried to validate pages that include xml in both HTML and XHTML.
> Both return invalid due to <xml></xml> tags.

That's natural, because no published specification for (X)HTML contains an
<xml> element. What's worse, your intended use of <xml> would probably
mean the insertion of arbitrary XML content. That's against the principle
of validity. But if you can specify the exact syntax you intend to use for
the XML content, you could write a DTD that reflects it.