Re: checklink and javascript generated links

Hello Chuck,

On 20 Jun 2005, at 10:20, Charles W. Carey wrote:
> The link checker at <http://validator.w3.org/checklink> could be an
> even
> more valuable service if you offered the option of turning off the
> flagging
> every use of javascript in links as an error. I make very heavy use of
> javascript to generate addresses. I'm sure most web sites of any
> complexity
> do likewise. Browsers which don't allow javascript are so lame and
> outdated
> they are seldom used any more.

I am afraid that search engine crawlers, a lot of corporate-setup
browsers and browsers embedded in mobile phones disagree with you on
the last part. As far as I can tell, there are clean ways to generate
links with scripting without breaking them for non-javascript enabled...

Regardless, could you give us a bit more context and/or examples (the
address of your site, for instance) for us to see the extent of your
problem?

Regards,
--
olivier