Re: Which DTD is better Transitional or Strict?

David Dorward wrote:

>> Depends on what you want.  If you want "visible with any
>> browser" you need some of the "transitional" features.

> No, you don't.

align="right" is rather essential, for <del> to have any
recently, and for colours you need even <font>.  As long as
it's only decorative you could drop colours, deletions, and
align=, but sometimes it's semantically important.

> If you want "looks identical in obsolete browsers and modern
> browsers", then deprecated features are needed

Just usable, not identical.  From my POV I can reduce it to
align= and a few similar cases, no deprecated tags.

> 1.1 is (for most practical purposes) 1.0 Strict with the
> name attribute for <a> removed. No need to start mucking
> about validating against it.

No more target= in <base> or no more <base> without href=,
IIRC, and no text outside of block level elements.  Maybe I
confuse it, I tested it only once.

                             Bye, Frank