Re: Microformats?

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 05:36:30PM +0200, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> Just curious if there's been any discussion about making the validator
> more microformat-friendly; i.e., not calling extension
> attributes/elements invalid

So no telling the user that their document doesn't follow the DTD they
claim to be using (which is the whole point of validation)? That
sounds rather ... wrong.

>, only calling out the first occurrence,  etc.

For some errors, only the first instance is reported already. I'd far
rather see it go the other way (and report all errors, all the time)
so that users aren't mislead into thinking that an error they repeated
in a document only occurs once.

If you want to use a language other then (X)HTML and still validate,
then use a Doctype that references a custom DTD (and be aware that the
document IS non-standard and ISN'T HTML).

Also: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/customdtds2/