Re: Entity Not Allowed in Processing Instruction (was: Re: html validator)

Without a URL (preferred), or at least a sample of the offending code,
it is very difficult to diagnose errors.

Kevin Doede wrote:
> Please explain: </html> error says entity not allowed in processing
> instruction.  I thought I was closing my web page.

I'm guessing that may mean that a processing instruction at the top of
the page, most likely the <?xml?> declaration, is not closed properly.
If that is the case, you're better off removing the xml declaration
because it triggers quirks mode in IE, so long as the rest of the
document complies with Appendix C of the XHTML spec.  Well, that is
assuming you are serving it as text/html; in which case, you'd be better
off using HTML 4.01 anyway.

> 2nd error on same word </html> no doc element.

Fixing the first error may also fix the second; but, without seeing the
document, it is difficult to say for sure.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/