Re: Height in tables

Juanchino2005 wrote:
> Hi www-validator,
>    I want to build my site validated as well as accesible and that it
>    lets the user to set up the working area and that in the site could be
>    seen in fullscreen the same in different browsers and resolutions,

What about browsers without screens?  e.g. aural or tactile devices.  Or
even devices with really small screens, like PDAs.

>    the simplest thing i tried to do is to make a table whose
>    dimensions are setted up by the working area of the browser (width
>    and height in percents) but when i want to validate height in
>    tables isn't recommended so i want to know how can I do this
>    easily.

It sounds like you may be using tables for layout, rather than marking
up tabluar data.  If that is the case, don't do that.  Use proper
semantic markup and then apply CSS for all layout and presentation.

In the mean time, you can achieve the same result as the height and
width attributes by using CSS (preferably in an external stylesheet) to
style the table.

table { height: 100%; width: 100%; }

--
Lachlan Hunt